Beyond Censorship.

Breaking News

Full Story of Badigam Shopian Encounter.

What Happened at Badigam Shopian Encounter:


It was about 4:45 p.m. when soldiers knocked at Wasim's residence. They took Wasim and asked to show the residence of a farmer namely Ghulam Mohammad Bhat. There was a two-storey house located in the separation from the main village. It is a little away from the main village.

Wasim told Bhat and his wife, their two daughters and sons, to get out of their house and they quickly moved out. Then Wasim and Bhat's son were sent to search the house. They went inside the house and found nothing. When he reported back, he was asked to go for a re-search because the army believed that the information was highly reliable.

In the next search, he was along with army members and the CRPF. After starting the search for two levels of home, he was told to go to the attic. On the attic, there was a small room that was almost closed. The soldiers asked Wasim to open it. He picked a lose brick and then asked to pull it another one.

As soon as I put some bricks, I felt as if some people were inside, "The young man told Kashmir life." There was a kind of smell that I could feel and I was in a fix. Then there was a burst of fire. Three people were injured inthe initial fire which came at 5:10 am.

In this fire, which was not retiliated three people were injured, an army man was hit on his face, a CRPF man was hurt in his hand and third person was hit in his thigh. In few minutes, Wasim and the army and paramilitary men started running towards the basement, then there was a fire on the attic side outside the premises. For some time, Wasim was caught between the two sides, but noone had fired on him.

SSP Shopian Shalindar Mishra said, "We had specific information about the presence of terrorists and it was closed. "Once we knew that there was an educated terrorist, we stopped the operation and found our family." He said that in the end five bodies were recovered and five arms were recovered from the place of conflict.

After this both sides formally started the war. The Shopian Police Chief invited the stranded terrorists to surrender in the background of heavy exchanges of fire, which is later in the light of day. Until then, thousands of tablets were removed from both sides.

Five militants including kashmir University Rebel associate professor and five civilians were killed in a series of incidents that began with a bloody encounter in a Shopian village. However, the number of injured persons in the incidents is still unclear, but according to some sources it was around 45.

The killed Militants in the Badgam encounter were identified as Saddam Padder, Mohammad Rafi Bhat, Tauseef Sheikh, Adil Malik and Bilal alias Molvi.

Out of the five Militants killed in an Encounter, Saddam Padder, Tauseef Sheikh, Adil Malik and Bilal Molvi were all residents of shopian village from south kashmir while the associate professor Rebel Mohd Rafi Bhat hails from Central Kashmir District Ganderbal.

Saddam Padder was the only surviving person in the photo frame, in which Burhan Wani was surrounded by 10 other rebels. Only one of them survived namely Tariq Pandit, who ultimately surrendered and is in jail.

Following the news of Encounter, the surrounding villagers mostly youth tried to march towards the encounter site and clashed with the forces resulting in injuries mostly with bullets and pellets. While most of them were treated locally, only in serious cases, the injured were shifted to Srinagar. According to Sources, the injured were 45 in number, out of that 5 persons later succumbed to their injuries and the sixth person also succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.

The informed sources told Kashmir life that there was information about the presence of three militants including Bilal Molvi, Tauseef Sheikh and Kashmir University rebel associate professor.

Initially, only 44-RR, CRPF and SOG were involved in the operation. But in the later phase, a unit of para-commando was taken from Chogam to the Encounter site.

The cordon of the village was laid down around midnight and then the siege was extended to large area. The operation was based on a specific intelligence input and it was with the army.

Soon after the news spread about the trap of popular militant Saddam padder in the village, most of the youth rushed towards the Encounter site from different villages that results fight with security forces and many young people were injured.

Among the five killed, three were from Pulwama and each one from Kullam and Dooru. They were identified as Sajad Ahmed, son of Manzoor Ahmad of Dooru, Adil Ahmed Ganani, son of Bashir Ahmed resident of Ashmuji Bhan village, Zubair Ahmad Nengroo, resident of Ayand Gund in Rajpoora, Asif Mir of Rohmoo and Naseer Kumhar resident Arihal.

Sajad Ahmed was the youngest of five brothers and two sisters, he belongs to a poor family. Adil Ahmed was a 28 year old graduate and MA sociology (IGNOU). Zubair Ahmed Nanguru, the youngest of the three brothers, had recently passed his matriculation and joined the high school in Rajouri in 11th Class. Mir recently passed his XII standard exam and was a student of local high school. Naseer Kumar was a Class VIII student in state-run high school. He is left with two elder brothers, parents and a settled sister. Both of his brothers are laborers.